- Lighting 101: Introduction (strobist.blogspot.com)
- 10 Things to Consider When Buying Video LED Lights by DSLR Video Shooter
- Shooting Portraits with One Speedlight by Sean Tucker
- Single Flash Portraits On A Budget by Tony & Chelsea Northrup
Low Light Tips
- Cheat Sheet: How to Get Better at Low Light Photography (ThePhoblographer.com)
- Low Light Portraiture: How to Make the Most of Ambient Lighting ( ThePhoblographer.com )
- Useful Photography Tip #120: Underexpose Musicians With Bright Lights on Them
- Fast Low-Light AF when using Sony Alpha Cameras by Mark Galer’s Alpha Creative Skills
Flash / Speedlight
When using a wireless remote trigger, use higher numbered channels to reduce the chance of interference from other devices.
Godox Ving V860II TTL Li-Ion On-Camera Flash / Speedlight, a.k.a. Flashpoint Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL
- How to enable Auto zoom
- Press the Zm/C.Fn button
- Use the dial to go past the lowest focal length (14mm)
- Zoom stuck in manual? How to disable Manual Zoom? No autozoom? Zoom stuck at 14mm?
- Make sure the bounce card and diffuser are firmly pushed in/inserted/locked. If they are the slightest bit out, the flash will default to the widest zoom of 14mm.
- The Green Extreme NP-F970 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V 7800mAh) lasts over 5 hours with the AL-F7 set to 5600K, at 100% power the first 2 hours, then 95% power for the remaining time. Compatible with all cameras using the Sony NP-F970 battery.
- The Best LED Video Light for the Money! Period. (Aputure Amaran AL-F7 Unboxing & Review) by Gerald Undone
- Aputure F7 & MX – Overview by ProAV TV
- Aputure F7 LED Light – 7″ LED Light for On/Off Camera Video Lighting by Curtis Judd
- Daylight-balanced light has a color temperature of 5600K
- Wireless Dimming Adjustment with Remote
- Rear LCD and On-Board Adjustment Dial
- With Bowens Speedring for Bowens, Interfit and Compatible Lights
- Quick Collapsible Softbox with Silver Reflective Interior with Double Diffusion Panels
- These soft boxes feature a collapsible umbrella-like structure with heavy duty rod support. Almost instant setup; open the soft box like an umbrella, snap the speed ring into place on your light and done!