- Lighting Tips
- Low Light Tips
- Flash / Speedlight
- LED Lights
- Light Modifiers: Reflectors and Diffusers
- Lighting 101: Introduction (strobist.blogspot.com)
- 10 Things to Consider When Buying Video LED Lights by DSLR Video Shooter
- Shooting Portraits with One Speedlight by Sean Tucker
- Single Flash Portraits On A Budget by Tony & Chelsea Northrup
Low Light Tips
- Cheat Sheet: How to Get Better at Low Light Photography
- Low Light Portraiture: How to Make the Most of Ambient Lighting
- Useful Photography Tip #120: Underexpose Musicians With Bright Lights on Them
- Fast Low-Light AF when using Sony Alpha Cameras by Mark Galer
Flash / Speedlight
- When using a wireless remote shutter release/trigger, use higher numbered channels to reduce the chance of interference from other devices.
- High Speed Sync Flash: Understanding High Speed Sync Flash and Shutter Curtains
- Note: Enabling High Speed Sync on a flash reduces it’s output/power.
Godox Ving V860III TTL Li-Ion On-Camera Flash / Speedlight, a.k.a. Flashpoint Zoom Li-Ion III R2 TTL
- The new version (III) has a modeling light.
- Using Godox with the Sony A7iii/A7riii
- See the section: Set ISO manually and understand your flash power
Auto Zoom on the Godox V860II
- How to enable Auto zoom on the Godox V860II / Flashpoint Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL
- Press the Zm/C.Fn button
- Use the dial to go past the lowest focal length (14mm)
Unable to Auto Zoom with Godox V860II / Flashpoint Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL flash
- Godox V860II / Flashpoint Zoom Li-Ion R2 TTL flash does not auto zoom with the lens? Zoom stuck in manual on the Godox V860II? No auto zoom? Flash Auto Zoom stuck at 14mm? How to disable Manual Zoom?
- Make sure the bounce card and diffuser are firmly pushed in/inserted/locked. If they are the slightest bit out, the flash will default to the widest zoom of 14mm.
Disabling high-speed sync mode is recommended, if you don’t specifically need it.
- High-speed sync mode will decrease the number of flashes before the over-heat/over-temperature protection is triggered/activated. e.g. 15 at 1/1 power, vs 30 at 1/1 power without high-speed sync.
- If you can select a shutter speed above 1/250, then high speed sync is on.
- Godox announces redesigned X2T with Bluetooth and better handling
- First Look: Godox X2T Flash Trigger (Flashpoint R2T Mark ii)
- Godox X2T Wireless Trigger with V860ii Speedlight Flash [ How to Connect/Link Tutorial ]
- The Best LED Video Light for the Money! Period. (Aputure Amaran AL-F7 Unboxing & Review) by Gerald Undone
- Aputure F7 & MX – Overview by ProAV TV
- Aputure F7 LED Light – 7″ LED Light for On/Off Camera Video Lighting by Curtis Judd
- The Green Extreme NP-F970 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V 7800mAh) lasted over 5 hours with the AL-F7 set to 5600K, at 100% power the first 2 hours, then 95% power for the remaining time.
- Daylight-balanced light has a color temperature of 5600K
- Wireless Dimming Adjustment with Remote
- Rear LCD and On-Board Adjustment Dial
Light Modifiers: Reflectors and Diffusers
- Meet the Kobra Flash Modifier
- Kobra Flash Modifier Review & Comparison! Kobra Vs MagMod Vs Gary Fong!
- With Bowens Speedring for Bowens, Interfit and Compatible Lights
- Quick Collapsible Softbox with Silver Reflective Interior with Double Diffusion Panels
- These soft boxes feature a collapsible umbrella-like structure with heavy duty rod support. Almost instant setup; open the soft box like an umbrella, snap the speed ring into place on your light and done!