- Clean Your Sensor by Tony & Chelsea Northrup
- 20 Things Most Photographers Get Wrong by Tony & Chelsea Northrup
- Top 10 Composition Tips – Photography Course Pt 3 by Chris Bray Photography
- 20 Composition Techniques That Will Improve Your Photos by Barry O’Carroll
- How to Start Using Aperture Priority and How It Will Change Your Photography by Andy Day (Fstoppers.com)
- Why Auto ISO and Minimum Shutter Speed Will Change the Way You Shoot by Andy Day (Fstoppers.com)
- How to Nail Exposure using Manual Mode by Sean Tucker
Camera Benchmarks, etc.
- DxOMark: Independent source for image quality benchmarks for phones and cameras.
- Sony Alpha Cameras : Usage, Setup Guides, and configuration tips.
- Camera Decision – Compare Cameras and Lenses
Back Button Focus (BBF)
- Whether to use back button AF on Sony by Adam Brown
- Photography Tips and Tricks: BackFocus Button – Episode 52
Color Space: sRGB vs AdobeRGB vs ProPhotoRGB
RAW images are not restricted to a color space. The color space is determined when you export the image. For the Web and other electronic devices, export to sRGB. For printing, use AdobeRGB. If the target is a high gamut printer, then export to ProPhotoRGB.
- Will Crockett – Should You Shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? by The Gary Fong Channel
- Why you NEED to understand COLOUR SPACE! by Peter McKinnon
- Color Spaces CLARIFIED – 3 Reasons Why ProPhotoRGB DESERVES your Attention by StyleMyPic
- Color Theory Basics EVERY Photographer MUST know! by StyleMyPic
- Skin Tones in Portraits: Canon vs Sony and How to Correct by Sean Tucker
- 18% Gray – The Middle Value by Tony Corbell
Copyright for Photographers
- Copyright For Photographers with the Copyright Zone Guys Ed Greenberg and Jack Reznicki
- Photo Copyright Registration Workflow by Steve Brazill (BehindTheShot.tv)
- Photographer can’t sue a website for embedding her Instagram post, says court
- The EU has backed tough new laws to enforce copyright online
- Free NYC Photography Workshops by Adorama, NYC (MeetUp.com)
- NY Photo & Safari Meetup NYC (MeetUp.com)
- Photography Meetups in New York City (MeetUp.com)
- Professional Photographers of America (PPA): A nonprofit that was created by photographers, for photographers in order to help those who want to take photography and entrepreneurship to the next level and develop profitable and sustainable businesses.
- American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) – trade association for publication photographers. Since 1994, ASMP has continued to work for photographers’ interests.
Events / Expos
- PHOTOPLUS – Javits Convention Center, New York City (October)
News, Reviews, Interviews, Articles, Photos
- The United Nations of Photography is a meeting place for people who wish to share opinions, for those who are engaged with building the new image making and storytelling landscape and for those who want to know more. Founded, curated and edited by Grant Scott.
- Art of Visuals is a globally recognized media company behind the largest photography community on social media. Be visually inspired. Tips, Tutorials, Podcast, AoV App.
- The Phoblographer: The Psychology of Creative Photography
- Digital Photography Review : Photography news, reviews, tutorials, etc.
- Fstoppers : Photography news, reviews, tutorials, etc.
- Digital Camera World
- DIY Photography (or DIYP for short) started in 2006 as a place for gear lusting photographers (hence the name), it has quickly evolved into a place of inspiration, education, gear chat and a place for photographers to hang out.
- PetaPixel: Photography & camera, news, reviews, and inspiration.
- Imaging Resource: Digital camera reviews, photography news, tutorials.
- 17 Best Podcasts for Photographers (PhotoShelter.com)
- Alpha Universe
- Reddit: Sony Alpha Cameras
- Fredmiranda.com is a photography news, equipment review, forum, and fine art presentation website.
- LensWork Daily Podcast, On Photography and the Creative Process
- Apogee Photo Magazine, launched back in 1996, is one of the oldest photography websites online today.
- BorrowLenses.com : Rent professional cameras or camera lenses for Sony, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Leica, and Pentax